Karma's a Bitch -- or NOT!

3.16.2007


As some of you know, I live right across the street from Ralph's, which I frequently frequent. Yes that does make grammatical sense. So as I'm entering the parking lot, I see a shopping cart zoom by directly in front of me. Apparently someone just heaved their cart off in the general direction of a wall, hoping the cart would stop at the wall. Well it didn't. Instead, the cart bounced off the wall and started heading straight for a parked car, namely a white Toyota Corolla.

So being the good citizen that I am, I chase after the cart and stop it mere INCHES before it hits the car. OK it wasn't that close; it was more like a foot, but that's only due to my superior reflexes, forged and honed from the countless hours of daily gaming. For any normal person, it would have been inches. Anyway, I manage to stop the cart in time, and without thinking much of it, I continue on to buy groceries.

After I have all my groceries, I decide to use the self-checkout machine because I figure it'd be faster than waiting in line at a normal register. I scan and pay for all of my groceries with my credit card. Just as I'm about to leave, low and behold, I notice some money in the change slot. Apparently the person that used the machine before me forgot to take their change after paying, which results in me receiving $8.00 for my Samaritan deed.

Hopefully this story will inspire someone out there, somewhere, to do a good deed, if not out of the kindness of their heart, at least out of the hope of receiving free groceries.

Labels: