Flickr Deleted After Digging

4.09.2008


So about 2 days ago, one of the photos in my flickr album was submitted to Digg and made front page. Shortly after, my entire flickr account was deactivated.

When I asked flickr as to why my account was deactivated, they replied with


Hello,
Thank you for contacting Flickr Customer Care.
Flickr account "remixnzza" was deleted by Flickr staff for violating our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. www.flickr.com/guidelines.gne Flickr reserves the right to terminate your account without warning at any time.
Regards,
Do


After visiting the guidelines page, they have a clause that says:


Here’s the deal: In most circumstances, we like to give second chances, so we’ll send you a warning if you step across any of the lines listed below. Subsequent violations can result in account termination without warning.


I received 0 warning, and my account was promptly deleted. I guess my photos were just so badass that they had to immediately delete them all without contacting me a single time.


Oh well, here's my 15 seconds of fame. The very last time I logged onto my flickr, that photo had 150,000+ views.





For now, please excuse all of the red X's on my site, I need to find a new host and update all the links.

Labels:


2 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

That sucks, I know. Been there, got my account deleted.

April 21, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

November 29, 2009 at 5:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home