Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix 2007

4.15.2007


On Saturday, David, Jeff, and I went to the 2007 Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix. It was my first time being at a real race, so I wasn't sure what to expect. Let me tell you, it was INTENSE, an attack on all the senses: I could see the cars racing at 140 MPH, I could hear the screaming engines, I could smell the burning rubber, and I could feel the heat emanating from the track. The only thing I couldn't do was taste the cars, but I doubt that would have been a pleasant experience.

We ate lunch at the local CPK (California Pizza Kitchen), which was right by the track. The Long Beach track isn't really a track, in the traditional sense. The track consists of normal, everyday surface streets with barricades on the side. We were lucky enough to get a table outside, thanks to David's coworkers, so we were able to eat pizza literally 30 to 40 feet away from cars going 100+ MPH into a turn. It was hard to keep the food down.

With that said, here are a few of the pictures we took with David's Canon Digital Rebel XTi (you can find more in my flickr album):


Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: F1

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: F1

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: F1

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: Porsche

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: F1

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: Vette

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: Crashed!

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: CTS

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: Porsche

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: Ferrari

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: Ferrari

Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix: Me


Check out the rest in my flickr album.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Labels: ,